Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Forty Questions

From Side Notes, a sixty-question list thing, and yes I did edit down the list.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Both.

4. What’s your favorite TV show? Bravo’s Project Runway and political punditry on Sunday morning. What can I say; bitchy gay men are just too fun to watch meltdown.

6. What's your favorite cuisine? Good Chinese in the form of dim sum – have to have that volume and those carts whirling round the room.

7. What foods do you dislike? Stuff that tastes like chemicals, particularly milk-like products used in some of those horrible fast food milkshakes.

8. What is your favorite chip flavor? Pita chips

9. Whats your favorite CD at the moment? iTune downloads for the week

11. What’s your favorite sandwich? Grouper

12. What characteristics do you despise? Insincerity. What’s the point? People always figure it out, but, then again, if you only deal with other fakers you could probably play it for a lifetime. And then "what's the point" becomes more of an existential question.

13. Favorite item of clothing? A cashmere suit coat that goes with nothing in my closet.

14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? New Zealand and then over to Tasmania for some serious fishing.

17. Where would you retire? I haven’t been there yet.

21. Favorite sport to watch? Football – American and everybody else’s version.

25. Were you named after anyone? Nope.

26. Do you wish on stars? Why not? But I always take a deep breath and let it go.

27. When did you last cry? November, probably coinciding with some woeful job search thingy.

28. Do you like your handwriting? No, nor does anyone else.

30. Are you a daredevil? Sometimes, and sometimes I’m just swallowing large numbers of stupid pills.

31. Do looks matter? Well, I think the world is a shallow place, so I have to say ‘yes’. To qualify that response, I’ll suggest that not everyone sees the same person in the same light. Sure, a person may look good, but something about them, oh say the fact that they can’t hold a conversation beyond the third sentence, might inspire a big yuck.

32. How do you release anger? Minor irritants I’ll talk out with friends, or put some loud music on the MP3 and stomp it out on the treadmill, or drive around (also to loud music). Major hurts mean I will isolate myself until I am able to suppress it, which I'll do until it goes away. (I just ripped off Side Notes response, she says it better. But I’ll add that I also plan…)

33. Where is your second home? In that golden years spot that I have yet to find, but I am certain it will be warm and there will be sun.

34. What class in High School was totally useless? Home Economics. There is nothing in that stuff that has anything to do with economics.

35. Do you use sarcasm a lot? In my head, all the time; aloud, only if I feel a need to fulfill some social death wish.

36. Favorite movie? Anything by Wes Anderson.

39. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No.

40. Do you think that you are strong? Not as strong as I like, but I’m okay.

41. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Spumoni.

42. What are your favorite colors? Anything green.

43. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I have a terrible time warming up to people I don't know very well; hence my odd compulsion to key all sorts of personal observations into a dorky-ass blog.

44. Who do you miss the most? My Dad.

46. What color pants are you wearing? Jeans.

47. What are you listening to right now? The KC Planet feed.

48. Last thing you ate? Ice cream.

49. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Tropical Rain Forest in the Crayola box

50. Last person you talked to on the phone? The lost baggage guys.

51. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? A sense of humor that shows in a walk. The walks can be a deadpan shuffle or the always-on bopping human and, my personal favorite, the clueless about body in space walker—I always assume something interesting is going on upstairs because they pay so little attention to moving forward.

52. Favorite Drink? Water with a slice of Persian lime from my parent’s tree.

54. Favorite Day(s) of the Year? Three birthdays.

58. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? A perfectly done crème Brule.

59. What Book are you Currently Reading? Freakonomics, Levitt is such a character, although a study he did a few years ago was recently shredded by a couple of other economists. But he’s still cool.

60. What's On Your Mouse Pad? …what?

All the sort of useless bits of information that people can spend a late Tuesday night spitting out. And yeah, Tampa & environs to the south were great; warm, sunny, and a little disappointing. What are you going to do? The refs call an obscure rule with limited visuals while ignoring the twelve guys in orange and blue. I think Coach Ferentz sums up the officiating perfectly…

“Probably the best thing I could say is that, I thought the crew demonstrated great consistency throughout the game.”

Politely snarky.


Comments:
Just finished Freakonomics myself. Interested in which study was shredded by fellow economists?
 
Levitt's assertions about the interaction between abortion and crime. Check out this Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Legalized_abortion_and_crime_effect
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


WWW http://iowaennui.blogspot.com/
Who Links Here